ANNUAL MEETING OF MARINE TECHNOLOGY 2023 • EUGENIDES FOUNDATION • 14-15 NOVEMBER 2023
ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2023
HELLENIC INSTITUTE OF MARINE TECHNOLOGY
Eugenides Foundation, 14-15 November 2023
a) Paper submission
b) Participation in exhibition of marine technology
The Annual Conference of Marine Technology is a conference with associated events, organized every year by the Hellenic Institute of Marine Technology (H.I.M.T.). This year, the Annual Conference will take place on the 14th and 15th of November 2023 at the Eugenides Foundation.
The H.I.M.T. boasts of the high scientific merit of its Annual Conference, which became a focal event in Greece for discussing technological advances relevant to the Greek and international shipping, ranging from innovation to practical application. Based on previous experience, this year’s event is expected to be strongly supported by the maritime community, gathering experts and stakeholders from business, academia and the public sector.
The H.I.M.T. Annual Conference will accommodate the following activities:
- Industry section on 14th of November 2023.
- Scientific papers section on 15th of November 2023.
- A Technology Exhibition on 14th & 15th of November 2023.
- I.M.T.’s Annual Dinner and the H.I.M.T. Annual Prize award on 15th of November 2023.
The thematic topics of the 2023 Conference have been specified as follows:
- Design and operation of ships and offshore structures.
- Autonomous ships and smart applications in the maritime industry: challenges and opportunities.
- Recent and forthcoming guidelines of international organizations to reduce the emissions of the Green House Gases (GHG) and applications.
- Management, assessment and optimization of the operation of the ship, its subsystems and the port facilities.
- Technologies and materials for enhancing maritime safety.
- Novel technologies for the construction, conversion and survey of ships.
- Innovative ship propulsion systems.
- Improving ship energy efficiency.
- New resources to supply energy to ships, including hybrid systems.
- Methods for the remote inspection of ships
- Scheduling of fleet maintenance and repair.
- Examples of good practice for sustainable shipping.
- Digitalization, digital data transfer, digital twin.
- Cybersecurity in shipping: challenges and opportunities.
- Ship recycling: challenges and prospects.
- Protection of the marine environment.
- Sustainable solutions in shipping.
The Scientific and the Organizing Committee of the Conference are responsible for all the activities during the Annual Conference 2023. Their members will be announced later.
Persons interested to present their work in the scientific papers section should submit for review their manuscript according to the timetable shown below:
May 15, 2023: Submission of abstract
May 22, 2023: Information about abstract acceptance
June 19, 2023: Submission of full-length paper
July 10, 2023: Feedback for acceptance and request for modifications
September 1, 2023: Submission of paper in final form for publication
Firstly, an abstract of 300 to 400 words is requested to be submitted (preferably via email at email@example.com). Papers are expected to describe the original work addressing one or more of the thematic areas. All papers will undergo through a peer review process by at least two evaluators prior to their acceptance for presentation at the Conference and publication in the Conference Proceedings. The Proceedings of the H.I.M.T. Annual Conference is an aesthetic publication, reflecting the annual progress of maritime research and development in Greece. Conference fees for authors, exhibitors and plain participants to be announced by September 2023.
Round Table Discussion
The Round Table is a debate on a theme among the priorities of the Greek and International Shipping Industry. The Round Table Discussion is a focal event of the H.I.M.T.’s Conference.
In parallel to the Conference the Maritime Technology Exhibition will take place, aiming to promote the capabilities of the Greek companies in the development and application of new technological solutions in the maritime sector. This exhibition was firstly introduced to H.I.M.T.’s Annual Conference on 2008 and it has received strong attention by the Greek shipping community. It is considered as an event of high importance for the Conference. Companies who intend to contribute to the Exhibition should express their interest to the Institute’s secretariat until 15 October 2023.
Annual Dinner and H.I.M.T. Award 2023
The Institute’s formal Annual Dinner will take place on November 15th, 2023, after the end of the Conference. During the Dinner, the prestigious H.I.M.T. Award for the year 2023 will be presented. According to H.I.M.T.’s rules, it is awarded to a person or organization distinguished in maritime technology, in recognition of significant contribution to the field.
H.I.M.T. warmly invites professionals who are involved in maritime engineering and consultancy, in the technical management of shipping companies, managers and employees of the public sector and of course entrepreneurs and academics, to participate and contribute to this year’s Annual Conference of the Hellenic Institute of Marine Technology, ensuring that it will be a successful event for another year. We are looking forward to receiving abstracts and also expressions of interest for participation in the Marine Technology Exhibition.
Information about the Annual Conference 2023 can be obtained from HIMT’s website (https://www.elint.org.gr/conference/ ) and also from the Institute’s secretariat (tel: 210 4186062 – email : firstname.lastname@example.org).