On Thursday 27th of June 2019, Dr. Kyriakos Berketis, Program Manager of Spectrum NDT presented a technical seminar titled: «”SPECTRE-X” A Non-Destructive Testing robotic system for ship welding and corrosion inspections». The Technical Seminar, under the auspices of Hellenic Institute of Marine Technology took place at the HIMT premises, was well attended and completed with great success. Dr. Kyriakos Berketis presented the latest developments of project Shiptest, the product of which is SPECTRE-X robotic inspection platform. Specifically, the well-established ACFM and PAUT techniques with universal acceptance in the NDT world regarding their flaw detection capabilities that are applied simultaneously for welding inspection along with laser profilometry were showcased. Additionally, it was discussed how the integrated corrosion mapping of Spectre-X is expected to replace traditional thickness gauging.
Furthermore, Dr. Berketis analyzed the way that the Spectre-X inspection platform allows for a safe, reliable and digitally secured documented inspection. Also, in the presentation the speaker mentioned the significant parameters of cost and time reduction introduced by this innovative robotic system.
A reception with dinner and drinks followed, where the attendees had the opportunity for further discussions.
Photos and more information on the coverage of the event will be available for review electronically.
“SPECTRE-X” A Non-Destructive Testing robotic system for ship welding and corrosion inspections
- Πρόσκληση Διάλεξης ΕΛ.Ι.Ν.Τ. 29-09-2021 16 Σεπτεμβρίου 2021
- Εύα (Ευαγγελία) Στεφανιδάκη: το τελευταίο ταξίδι 14 Αυγούστου 2021
- Βασικά θέματα που συζητήθηκαν στην 76η Σύνοδο της “Marine Environment Protection Committee” (MEPC) 15 Ιουλίου 2021
- Όσα αποφασίστηκαν στην MEPC 76 του ΙΜΟ 22 Ιουνίου 2021
- DNV Post MEPC76 Meeting 23-24 June 2021 15 Ιουνίου 2021
- ΔΕΛΤΙΟ ΤΥΠΟΥ ΕΤΗΣΙΑΣ ΤΑΚΤΙΚΗΣ ΓΕΝΙΚΗΣ ΣΥΝΕΛΕΥΣΕΩΣ ΜΕΛΩΝ ΕΛ.Ι.Ν.Τ. 9 Ιουνίου 2021