On Thursday 27th of June 2019, Dr. Kyriakos Berketis, Program Manager of Spectrum NDT presented a technical seminar titled: «”SPECTRE-X” A Non-Destructive Testing robotic system for ship welding and corrosion inspections». The Technical Seminar, under the auspices of Hellenic Institute of Marine Technology took place at the HIMT premises, was well attended and completed with great success. Dr. Kyriakos Berketis presented the latest developments of project Shiptest, the product of which is SPECTRE-X robotic inspection platform. Specifically, the well-established ACFM and PAUT techniques with universal acceptance in the NDT world regarding their flaw detection capabilities that are applied simultaneously for welding inspection along with laser profilometry were showcased. Additionally, it was discussed how the integrated corrosion mapping of Spectre-X is expected to replace traditional thickness gauging.
Furthermore, Dr. Berketis analyzed the way that the Spectre-X inspection platform allows for a safe, reliable and digitally secured documented inspection. Also, in the presentation the speaker mentioned the significant parameters of cost and time reduction introduced by this innovative robotic system.
A reception with dinner and drinks followed, where the attendees had the opportunity for further discussions.
Photos and more information on the coverage of the event will be available for review electronically.
“SPECTRE-X” A Non-Destructive Testing robotic system for ship welding and corrosion inspections
- Πρόσκληση Διάλεξης ΕΛ.Ι.Ν.Τ. 20-01-2021 23 Δεκεμβρίου 2020
- Δελτίο Τύπου Ετήσιο Συνέδριο Ναυτικής Τεχνολογίας ΕΛ.Ι.Ν.Τ. 2020 3 Δεκεμβρίου 2020
- Πρόσκληση Διάλεξης ΕΛ.Ι.Ν.Τ. 19-11-2020 10 Νοεμβρίου 2020
- Πρόσκληση Διάλεξης ΕΛ.Ι.Ν.Τ. 29-10-2020 21 Οκτωβρίου 2020
- Prof. Kostas Spyrou of the National Technical University of Athens receives the 2020 Davidson Medal from the U.S. Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers 14 Οκτωβρίου 2020
- Πρόσκληση Διάλεξης ΕΛ.Ι.Ν.Τ. 24-09-2020 17 Σεπτεμβρίου 2020